The Broom Center's Social Demography Lab is fully equipped with the latest software, hardware, and coffee, and has a graduate student lab manager to provide affiliated students and the greater UCSB social science community with statistical, database management, and other technical advice.
The lab is a fun and productive atmosphere for UCSB graduate students working on demography-related research topics. We hope this collaborative research space will spark some interdisciplinary research conversations and project ideas.
LOCATION: North Hall 1053
- ArcGIS 10.5
- ATLAS.ti 7.5
- Java 8 144
- MATLAB R2017b
- Microsoft Office 2016
- MiKTeX 2.9
- OpenGeoDa 1.12
- R 3.4
- R Studio 1.1
- SAS 9.4
- Sophos 10.6
- SPSS 24
- Stata 15 (MP 64 bit version)
- Stat Transfer 11 (64 bit version)
- WinEDT 10
- 5 PC Workstations with 64-bit Windows 7, 16 GB of RAM, Intel Core i7 processors, and 24 inch monitors!
- Conference Table with PC and Mac-ready Plug-and-Play connection to a 60" 1080p LED Digital Monitor!
(feel free to contact the lab manager with any questions about the software or hardware available)
- Many varieties of coffee and tea!
Jason Budge is a graduate student in the Department of Sociology. He is broadly interested in social change in the areas of gender and sexuality, and he is currently focusing on attitudes toward gay men and lesbians in the United States. Jason frequently works with large survey data and employs multilevel modeling in his current research.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Software Expertise: Stata, R and SPSS
- Office Hours: Please email to schedule appointment
BROOM CENTER OFFICE CALENDARS: