social demography lab
The Broom Center's Social Demography Lab is fully equipped with the latest software, hardware, and coffee, and has graduate student lab assistants on staff to provide affiliated students and the greater UCSB social science community with statistical, database management, and other technical advice.
The lab is a fun and productive atmosphere for UCSB graduate students working on demography-related research topics. We hope this research space will spark some interdisciplinary research projects and conversation.
LOCATION: North Hall 1053
- Stata 12 (MP 64 bit version)
- ArcGIS 10.2
- R 3.0
- SAS 9.2
- MATLAB R2013b
- SPSS 22
- ATLAS.ti 7.5
- Python 2.7
- Stat Transfer 11 (64 bit version)
- 9 CPUs with 64-bit Windows 7, 16 GB of RAM, Intel Core i7 processors, and 24 inch monitors!
(feel free to contact the lab manager with any questions about the software or hardware available)
- Many varieties of coffee and tea!
Kevin Mwenda is a Ph.D candidate in the Geography department with research interests in the application of spatial statistics in measuring health-related vulnerabilities to vector-borne diseases. Kevin is a good person to talk to about collection, visualization and analysis of various data that contain geographic information.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Software Expertise: ArcGIS, MATLAB, R and SPSS
- Office Hours: Please email to schedule appointment
BROOM CENTER OFFICE CALENDARS: